Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #588


Happy Wednesday everyone!  
I hope you're having a great week!  We're having a good week so far.  My husband is in San Fransisco so we've been getting updates and videos of seals (or are they sea lions?) and Alcatraz!  I would have gone with him but my youngest had a track meet today and I was the designated mom driver.  

We have a fantastic new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the fabulous queen of clean and simple, Jen Mitchell!  Head over to her blog to check out her amazing designs!  Jen has a great sketch for us.  I haven't been feeling overly creative the last few weeks and I truthfully sat and stared at this sketch for the longest time.  I wanted to make a masculine card but I feel like every product I have is for more feminine cards.  Soooo....Be Bold Blooms it is!


I really love that Echo Park Paper that my mom bought me.  It's bee theme and colour scheme is so pretty and I love it!  I hate to use it but I'm trying to use more of what I have!  I grabbed the Be Bold Blooms.  They're just so easy to work with and I knew I could coordinate them to go with this paper!  

Supplies:
Cardstock: Crushed Curry, Basic White, Basic Black, Wild Wasabi (all SU)
Patterned Paper:  Bee Happy (Echo Park)
Other: Be Bold Blooms (Spellbinders), Posh Happy Birthday (Memory Box), Black Foil, Glimmer Hot Foil Machine (Spellbinders)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll take a moment to head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge!  You will find some amazing inspiration while you're over there!  The cards are gorgeous!  

I thought I'd include some photos of our most recent adventure!  My husband and I biked into Moraine Lake, hiked up the Tower of Babel and then biked out!  It was fabulous - except for a little tumble I took down the mountain but I'm okay and healing nicely!!!  We also saw a mama and baby grizzly!  They were beautiful!  






I don't think there's too many places I'd find more beautiful than this!  My heart truly is in the mountains!

Have an amazing day!
Jen


 

3 comments:

  1. This card is full of sunshine and happiness! It's beautiful! I love it that you're embracing your new home and exploring it. What a gorgeous place! But be careful -- no more tumbles! And may all the grizzlies be far, far away. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well all that staring at the sketch paid off because you've nailed it with this beauty! All that mountain air is good for your creative soul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never get tired of seeing these Be Bold Blooms. Such a fabulous card and some great photos as well!

    ReplyDelete