Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #586


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great week so far!  The week started well here but yesterday the winds shifted and brought a huge amount of smoke in with it.  The smoke was so thick and the wind was so strong.  It was crazy.  My youngest was supposed to have a track and field meet but they had to cancel it due to the terrible air quality.  The wildfires here in Alberta have been so bad and we need rain so desperately.  The smoke is supposed to clear out through the day today so we're hoping it does.  I ran a few errands yesterday and when I came home my hair stunk like a very strong camp fire!  I stuck at video at the end of this post of the smoke.  Hopefully that worked - I'm not too tech savvy! 

Since it's Wednesday, that means we've got a brand new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is our favourite Californian, Jacquie Southas!  Jacquie creates the most beautiful card so please head over to her blog and check them out! 


So, my mom bought me this sweet paper pack for Mother's Day (we were able to see my parents briefly last weekend and it was wonderful!).  The paper is so pretty and as much as I hate to use it because I love it so much, I'm turning over a new leaf and actually using my paper!!!  

I threw on some bees and of course a Be Bold Bloom and called it a day!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Black, Basic White, Marina Mist (I think), Daffodil Delight, Garden Green, Vellum
Paper: Bee Happy (Echo Park)
Ink: Crushed Curry, Garden Green
Other: Be Bold Blooms (Spellbinders), Modest Greetings 1 (Poppy Stamps), Beehive Dies (Sizzix), Hardwood Embossing Folder (SU), Silver Foil






Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge!  The Design Team has created some amazing cards that will surely inspire you so we hope you'll play along with us!

Have an amazing day!

Jen



 

5 comments:

  1. Yes to using all the pretty papers! Such a sweet design, Jen. Hope the fires are contained and your air quality improves fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely combination of paper, flowers and two charming little bees!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a bright and cheerful card! Those bees are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super sweet card, Jen. This flowery paper is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A floral beauty with so many gorgeous details - especially those cute as bees!

    ReplyDelete