Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #562


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great start to your week!  How's your Christmas card making and Christmas shopping coming along?  If you're visiting from the US you might not start anything until after Thanksgiving.  I put out my Christmas village on the weekend and have a few little decorations out but won't do anything too major until the weekend - maybe!  The snow helps it to feel more Christmassy than it ever did in Ontario where we'd often have green Christmases!

We're got a brand new sketch today at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the super creative Kim Singdahlsen!  If you want to see some super cute cards then you need to head over to her blog and check them out!  


I went with another Christmas card because I'm behind.  I don't send out near as many as I used to - hardly any at all actually but I wanted to try and get a few done regardless!  I had seen a few Christmas cards done with the Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers Anemone and I thought I would give it a try.  Not sure how I feel about it but it's supposed to be festive!  I've heard hot foiling can be tricky on coloured cardstock so I was a little nervous but it worked like a charm.  Could I duplicate it?  Probably not!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Hammermill White, Shaded Spruce, Silver Foil
Ink: Shaded Spruce
Other: Lovely Layers Anemone (Honey Bee Stamps), Softly Falling Embossing Folder (SU), Christmas Mailbox Greetings Hot Foil Plate (Spellbinders), Silver Foil

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge this week!  There are some amazing cards there already!  I think the Design Team did an incredible job on their cards this week!

Have a fabulous day!
Jen


 

4 comments:

  1. You've done your magic with neutrals again! A lovely card, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This flower works beautifully as a Christmas card and this is one elegant Christmas card! I've found hot foiling on coloured card to be mostly successful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card in all the white with the touches of green. I love the Lovely Layers Anemone for just about any occasion. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! The fresh white with a little silver shine and the rich green is so eye-catching with that beautiful flower!

    ReplyDelete