Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #544


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great start to your week this week!  I'm really enjoying this week so far.  It's nice having the kids home and we're trying to find things to do.  Now that they're older they actually like going to the mall!  I wish I did!!!  I'm thankful to be home with them and take them on these little adventures!  On the weekend my husband and I climbed the Windtower summit.  It was amazing in so many different ways.  The view is spectacular but I couldn't believe how tough that climb was.  Oh to be 25 again!!  Can't wait for the next climb!!  Yes that's a winter coat!  It was SOOOO cold and windy at the top!  There was still some snow in places even!  Deep snow!!!  It's absolutely incredible to see snow in the middle of July!


We've got a great new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the super talented Karren Johnson!   Karren's cards are always super cute and I'm so jealous of her hot foiling!!!  I think I should head over to New Zealand to get some pointers!!!  Please head over to Karren's blog and check it out!  

I apparently did not realize the two rectangular panels should be more overlapping.  I actually made three different cards for this challenge and messed up all three cards!  Sometimes I make myself wonder! 

I did two masculine cards and then decided I wanted to use my Coneflower dies!  I just love coneflowers and now that the hot weather is here I really do feel like it's summer and my cards should be flowery!!!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic White, Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, Gold Foil
Stamps: Itty Bitty Birthdays
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight
Other: Dainty Diamonds Embossing Folder, Lovely Layers Coneflower Honey Cuts (Honey Bee Stamps), Stitched Rectangles (Lil Inkers), Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Dimensionals


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll be inspired to join in our challenge this week!  I you need some inspiration, head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check it out!  You'll definitely find some amazing cards!  


I hope you have a fantastic day!

Jen


 

6 comments:

  1. I love your bright colored coneflower! Your hiking photo looks amazing! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is simply beautiful and I love that coneflower die! What an amazing view from the summit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your floral card is absolutely gorgeous! What a view!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the colors of your card!! That coneflower is fabulous. Looks like a great hike!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful hike! In my little corner of the world, I LOVE being able to run away from the heat and into our mountains!!

    I think your more separated panels are really perfect behind that big coneflower!! Fabulous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your beautiful bloom and the gorgeous shades of this color on your pretty card! I would so love to be at the top of that mountain with you (not the actual hiking part though) during this terrible heat wave here. It has been a brutal summer and we're not even to August yet, which is usually even worse. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete