Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #517


Hello and Happy New Year!
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas season and enjoyed some time with family and friends!  I also hope the new year has started well!  We're in a deep freeze here in Alberta!  It's absolutely freezing.  These temperatures aren't foreign to me but I haven't experienced them in years!  It's supposed to warm up on the weekend and let me tell you I'm counting the days!

We have our first new sketch of 2022 at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the amazing Amy O'Neill!  Amy helps me branch out and try new colour combinations!  She's an inspiration!  Please head on over to her blog and check out her gorgeous creations!



I struggled with this card.  I have a very linear way of thinking so these abstractly placed squares threw me!  As you can tell from my card, I just couldn't go abstract!  I tried, oh how I tried!  I wanted to try out the new Tulip Dies from Stampin Up!  They're so sweet!  I definitely need to play with them more!  They will be perfect for spring and help with the winter blues!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Poppy Parade, Calypso Coral, Petal Pink, Pear Pizazz, Basic White
Other: Tulip Dies, Stitched Squares (Lil Inkers), Iridescent Rhinestones, Dainty Diamonds Textured Embossing Folder, Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  
I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog!  The Design Team has created some beautiful cards to inspire you!

Have an amazing day!
Jen





8 comments:

  1. Love your linear take on the sketch, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have created some gorgeous flowers lately with your new dies! Love this one as well! Beautifully done - and I struggle with "randomness" as well....I want to be like Cecile! The squares on my card are all the same and just slightly askew...lol..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love these gorgeous colors together! And I love how you arranged the squares. I am now rethinking my decision to not get these dies. We are such enablers! Beautifully done, Jen! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tulip looks great with the diamonds and the lovely embossed background. I hope your deep freeze ends soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colours with a gorgeous tulip! Hope you stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those stitched squares look so perfectly coordinated with that embossed background piece, and I just love that cute little tulip! What a fun and fabulous little card designed after this week's sketch! Stay warm! It's a balmy 15 degrees here this morning in PA :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This tulip is gorgeous, Jen! And I just love this subtil color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a charming, upbeat design. I adore how the central panel of diamonds echoes that of the embossed layer in the background. Really nice use of continuity throughout this beautiful card.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete