Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #515


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  We're one week closer to Christmas!  Are you ready?  I'm not sure I'll ever be ready!  My boys and I are flying out next Thursday to Ontario to celebrate Christmas with my parents and in-laws! My husband will join us just before Christmas!  I'm so excited!  I totally have the countdown going and actually our Advent Calendars are counting down to our flights not until Christmas!  

We've got a great new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  My favourite New Zealander is our hostess this week!  Karren Johnson is one talented card maker so you are definitely going to want to check out her blog and her beautiful cards!  


So I know you'll be shocked but this card took me forever!  I actually sat one night just staring at the sketch and could not feel the creative juices flowing.  Then I started with different paper and different colours and honestly an hour later, this card was born!  In the end I think I'm happy with it!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Gold Foil, Basic White, Just Jade, Magenta Madness
DSP: Expressions in Ink
Other: Pierced Blooms Dies, Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder, Celebrate Script Dies (Taylored Expressions), Celebrate Script Backer (Taylored Expressions)


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the gorgeous cards the Design Team have posted for your inspiration!  

I hope you have an amazing day!

Jen


 

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Jen! So bright and cheerful and it makes a fresh change from Christmas! I hope you have a wonderful time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've created such a beautiful card even though those creative juices took awhile to start flowing!! Hoping you have survived your travels and home improvements and are now settled in for a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never got this DSP - it was sold out so quickly....but I think it is gorgeous just like your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Upbeat, fantastic card! Love the marriage of punchy tropical hues and warm-as-the-sun gold. Absolutely winning combo!

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete