Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #346


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great week!  We are enjoying a great summer so far.  The boys are in a music camp this week.  They are both drummers and a group of kids learns 3-4 songs all week and then they have a concert on Friday night.  It's amazing how quickly they can learn the songs and how amazing they sound by Friday!  Caleb did it last year but this year both boys are doing it.  Thankfully they have two drum kits in the band!

We have a great new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the amazing and super fun Linda Callahan.  Linda's cards are always thoughtful and often quite punny!  Head on over to her blog and check them out!


Linda's sketch has a LOT of circles on it.  Not just one, but there are three HUGE circles.  Okay, they're not huge but if you don't like circles they seem super big!  I decided I just didn't want to tackle circles and opted to go with triangles instead!!  I have some scrap paper left from camp and used some of the Tutti Frutti for the card!  I decided to go for a black, white and red scheme.  I really do love red!!!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red
DSP: Tutti Frutti
Stamps: Sentiment Essentials (Reverse Confetti)
Ink: Basic Black
Other: Dual Stitched Triangles (Lil Inkers), Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the gorgeous cards the Design Team has created to inspire you!

Have a fabulous day!!

Jen






7 comments:

  1. Awesome card - love it! Great graphic feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you took care of those circles perfectly! I LOVE your sharp graphic design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That card is the best! Those shapes are a fabulous take on the sketch, even though you would've rocked circles too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was this card that prompted me to give this sketch a try! I don't do CAS too well, but your card is such an inspiration to give it a try! I love the simple triangles and the awesome color combo too! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderfully simple yet with amazing details - it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about your card, Jen! Fabulous colors - I just love triangles and you've used these perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to overcome your circle phobia! And triangles work beautifully with the sketch. I love the black and red with this graphic look.

    ReplyDelete