Sunday, March 23, 2014

Starburst Birthday!



Hello!
I hope everyone had a great weekend!  We had a fairly quiet weekend!  Nothing too exciting which is always okay!  We had a cold day here today.  I think winter is trying to hold on as long as possible.  The long range forecast is looking promising so hopefully by next weekend we'll be feeling a little warmer!  I did see my first robin on Saturday!  Poor little thing was trying to find something to eat!

I had a few minutes in the craft room this afternoon while the boys coloured!  They were so happy to colour away!  I loved it!

I used this week's sketch over at the Paper Players and combined that with the colour combination at Colour Q!  I just loved the Colour Q palette this week!  Some of my favourites!





















I have been dying to use the Starburst stamp set (and framelits) since they arrived before the March break and as soon as I saw the sketch at Paper Players I knew I could haul them out!  I didn't have any Going Gray on hand so I opted for some Basic Gray and some silver cardstock!  I used the Decorative Dots embossing folder to create the dots on the silver starburst!  I used clear embossing powder on each of the other stamped starbursts so the colours would be more vibrant!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Gray, Whisper White, Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral, Silver
Stamps: Starburst Sayings
Ink: Versamark, Island Indigo
Other: Decorative Dots Textured Embossing Folder, Arrows Textured Embossing Folder, Basic Rhinestones, Starburst Framelits, Clear Embossing Powder, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a fabulous day!

Jen!


4 comments:

  1. Jen your card is so fun, love the big sentiment. Thank you so much for joining us at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, love your layout and use of colours, thanks for joining us at ColourQ, hugs, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is SO cool! I love the silver embossed accents...what a fun treat they are! And your ColourQ colors are perfect with the layout! Thanks for playing with both challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, this is great. I love the mixture of textures from the arrow embossing folder, the embossed foil and the bold colors. Fabulous use of the sketch. So glad you decided to play along with us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete