Monday, October 8, 2012

Dynamic Duos Halloween


Hello!
Thanksgiving weekend is over here in Canada.  I am stuffed full of turkey, turnips and pumpkin pie!  We had a delicious dinner on Saturday night and have eaten leftovers ever since!  I'm so sad that we will now have to wait until Christmas to have more!

I did a card up for this week's Dynamic Duos challenge.   This week's colour combination is Tangerine Tango and Old Olive.  When I see these colours I immediately think to Halloween.  I didn't want to do a traditional Halloween card though.  I have been wanting to try out paper rosettes!  I used the First Edition paper for this since it still happened to be sitting on my craft table!!!  Add in some ruffled satin ribbon, a few bats and voila!


Supplies:
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Old Olive
DSP: Howlstooth and Scaringbone, First Edition
Stamps: Googly Ghouls
Ink: Basic Black, Old Olive
Other: Bitty Banners Framelits, Black Satin Ribbon, Old Olive Button, Circle Punch, Thread, Chevron Embossing Folder, Glue Gun, Dimensionals


I decided to take some family pictures this week!  Thankfully everyone stayed still long enough to get this shot!

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great Monday!

Jen

4 comments:

  1. What a handsome family you have Jen and a Happy Thanksgiving! Your card is full of fun elements! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with chevrons and you used them perfectly!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card! All the details you used are just perfect! I especilly love your rosette and the layering of your ribbon! What a beautiful family you have! Thanks for joining us at Dyanmic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving all of those cute chevrons, Jen! The folded ribbon is such a fun detail, too. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete