Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #649


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I apologize for being MIA for so long.  We went on vacation for a week and I just was having a hard time getting back into the groove.  I still feel like I'm lacking in the creativity department but we're working on it.  My kids are both working full time and I feel like the summer is flying.  I'm not too sure how we went from April to August but here we are!

We have a brand new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week courtesy of our favourite Texan, Amy O'Neill.  Amy's cards are always so sweet and she always uses different pieces so creatively so head over to her blog and check them out!  

I have to admit I struggled with this one a bit.  The lack of creativity is probably affecting me.  I do unfortunately need a sympathy card though so I decided I would tackle that and see what I could do.  My craft cave desk had become quite a disaster so before I even started this card I decided I would clean it and I discovered all these pre-cut white flowers.  They worked perfectly for this card.  I love when you find little treasures that will work for your card!  That being said I'm not too sure what die sets they all came from!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Hammermill White Coverstock, Silver Foil
Stamps:Essential sentiments (MFT)
Ink: Detail Black (PinkFresh Studios)
Dies: Be Bold Blooms, Garden Wreath Add Ons
Other: Dainty Diamonds Textured Embossing Folder

We'd love for you to join in our challenge this week!  You have until 1 PM EST on Monday to get your card loaded onto the Freshly Made Sketches blog!  If you need some inspiration, just head over to the blog and you'll find some pretty amazing examples!

I've included some photos from our hike on Monday.  I've got a stockpile of hike photos to share over the next little while.  This one started from Moraine Lake and was called Wastach Mountain.  It was a grind.  I was almost in tears with frustration.  There were falls and lots of sweat but we did it and the view was incredible.  Definitely worth it but definitely won't be doing this one again!





Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you have the most amazing day!

Jen

 

3 comments:

  1. First, this card is so, so lovely, Jen! Clean, delicate and lovely. Second, amazing photos from your hike. I'd be happy to see that view at the base, but wow to the views at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make monochrome gorgeous! What a beautiful sympathy card! And your photos -- that top one looks like a postcard! It is just stunning. It almost makes me want to go hike a mountain. But then I read about you being frustrated to the point of tears, and you mention falls...on.a.mountain. I think I'll just admire your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've said it before but I love every card you make with the Be Bold Blooms dies and this is no exception! Love seeing your cards again!

    ReplyDelete