Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #645


Hello! Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great week so far!  Summer has hit hard here!  We are having some crazy heat (which I won't complain about) but our wildfire danger has gone from nothing to extreme in just a few days!  My son works in the maintenance department of our local golf club and he's been roasting!  Looks like at least 2 more weeks of extreme heat for us!  I will remember that I prefer extreme heat to -40!!!  

We've got a brand new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches today!  I have the privilege of being this week's hostess!  I always find it challenging to create a sketch.  My brain just doesn't like to work that way.  I actually made this sketch with this card in mind!  I wanted to use these dies so I worked my sketch around it.  That's not cheating is it?

I love flower dies so when Spellbinders released these I knew I had to have them!  I love the Be Bold Blooms and these new Floral Spray dies are no exception!  The more flowers the merrier!  I think these might be a tad bit easier to work with as well!  I needed a couple of thank you cards and these turned out just how I imagined!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Hammermill White Coverstock, Bermuda Bay, Basic Black, Coastal Cabana, Mango Melody, Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape, Elegant Eggplant, Granny Apple Green, Gumball Green
Dies: Floral Spray (Spellbinders), Be Bold Blooms (Spellbinders), Bitty Buzzwords Honeycuts (Honey Bee Stamps)

I hope you'll join in our challenge this week so please head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the details and find some inspiration!  You have until Monday at 1 PM EST to get your card entered into this week's challenge!  I cannot wait to see what you create!

Here are a few pictures from our hike on Saturday!  This is the Mount Burke Fire Lookout.  It's no longer used and is in pretty rough shape but it was a beautiful, hot day for a hike!






Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
Have an amazing day!
Jen


 

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous flower card. I love your colour palette.
    Wow! What a hike! Stunning scenery xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun sketch and delightful card! Your hikes are incredible - beautiful views!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ridgeline photos always get me...so pretty, so terrifying! I love these flowers for your sketch and it is such a fun and happy card. Thanks for a great sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absoluty gorgeous card, congrats 💐☺️ happy day

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card! The fresh anf happy colors look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved working with the sketch! And I love the fresh look you achieved with those charming flowers!

    ReplyDelete