Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #633


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're all having a great week!  Spring seems to have finally arrived here.  Though I won't say for sure that we won't see snow again!  Anything is possible in Alberta!  Trevor and I went on an amazing hike with our friend Annie on the weekend.  The weather was perfect!  Not a cloud in sight, almost no wind and the most beautiful views.  It was one of my favourite hikes.  There was at least 6 feet of snow where we were.  If you broke through you went down to your butt and your foot still wasn't touching the ground!  It was crazy!  We couldn't believe it.  But I truly believe that the mountains are prettier with snow.

We've got a brand new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the incredible Linda Callahan.  Linda's cards are beautiful so please head over to her blog and check them out!  

So I honestly didn't know what I was going to do with this sketch.  I didn't feel all that creative!  I decided that it would be perfect to use some of the patterned paper that I have been hoarding.  I grabbed one of my paper packs and got to work.  These little butterflies and looked so cute!  I added some flowers and some bling and called it a day!

Supplies: 
Cardstock: Hammermill White Coverstock, Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, Basic Black
Paper: Simple Stories 6X8 Paper Pad Trail Mix
Ink: Saltwater Taffy Distress Ink, Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide (Tim Holtz)
Dies: Paper Florist Dies, Nested Essential Dies (both SU), MFT Everyday Strips (MFT)
Other:  Glimmer Hot Foil Machine, Gold Foil, Mini Everyday Sentiments (Spellbinders), Wink of Stella, Iridescent Rhinestones Basic Jewels.


Here's a few photos from our weekend hike!  I hope you enjoy them!





Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge this week!  We always love to see what you come up with!

You have until Monday at 1 PM EST to get your card entered into this week's challenge!

Have an amazing day!

Jen



 

4 comments:

  1. I agree, the mountains are prettier when snow capped, but I can't imagine trying to hike in it! This card is just delightful and the embellishments highlight the gorgeous designer paper perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I love what you did with the sketch! Very springy with all of the sweet scatterede flowers! But about those mountains.....not too springy yet....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mountains really are breathtaking!! What a beautiful card. Love that background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so very pretty, Jen! The pierced details and the bold flower centres work so beautifully with that patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete