Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #621


Hello and happy Wednesday!
I hope you're having a great week!  We are still experiencing the joys of a chinook!  It's been above freezing and sunny most days so we are basking in the warmth and getting out as much as possible.  I can't believe how nice it's been.  I've heard that some places haven't seen the sun in weeks.  I do not miss that part of living in Ontario.  I remember you could go week and weeks and it would be gloomy and damp.

Since it's Wednesday, we've got a brand new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is our favourite pilot, Jennifer Timko!  Jen makes the most amazing cards and does a ton of the behind the scenes work on our little blog.  She is truly amazing!  Head over to her blog and check out her beautiful cards!  


So as always, this wasn't what I had in mind.  I really wanted to make a Valentine's Day card but could not for the life of me come up with a design.  I think my creativity has been lacking a bit more since I've been working but I have been enjoying the time I have had in my craft cave!

I had this Lovely Layers Mum sitting on my desk and realized it would work perfectly as the centre point of this card.  I cut out and inked up some leaves and called it a day.  I also had the gold rimmed circles on my desk so there wasn't a lot required to complete this card.  

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Black, Hammermill White Cover Stock, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Shabby Shutters, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness (All Distress Oxides)
Other: Lovely Layers Mums (Honey Bee Stamps), Nested Circles (Pink Fresh Studios), Hardwood Embossing Folder (SU), Mini Everyday Sentiments (Spellbinders), Glimmer Hot Foil Machine (Spellbinders), Gold Foil (Spellbinders)

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Please head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge!  We always love seeing the cards that you post!  If you need some inspiration, you'll definitely find it on the blog!  

I hope you have an amazing day!

Jen



5 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! I don't have that mum die and think I may need it. Love the elegance of the black, white and gold accents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! The gold elements are so elegant. And I totally understand about the mojo disappearing when you work. Looking forward to when I can retire and get more time to craft!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another absolutely amazing bloom and super classy card, Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning flower! So gorgeous on the black with just a bit of gold and green!

    ReplyDelete