Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #617


Hello and Happy New Year!
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!  We had a very quite Christmas and start to the New Year.  We didn't travel anywhere this year and so it was just the 4 of us and that was just perfect for me.  I missed my family terribly and hope to get to visit them soon but Christmas is always so hectic to travel.  We got some hikes in and some ski days!  It was wonderful.  I got to sleep in (sleeping in is 6 AM for me) and so that was lovely!  I start a new job next week so I'm a little nervous!  I haven't worked in 17 years so getting back into the throws of things will be different.  Thankfully it's just part time and I get to do something that is out of my comfort zone so I'll be learning new things!  I'm taking on the role of Women's Coordinator at our church!  I'm excited and have lots of ideas bouncing around in my head so we'll see how this goes!

Okay we've got our first sketch of the new year ready for you at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is Narelle Farrugia.  Narelle's cards are always jaw dropping and her creativity always amazes me!  Head over to her blog to check them out!  I think one of Narelle's resolutions this year is to come and visit me so I can take her up a mountain!


This is a great sketch and shockingly I knew what I wanted to do right away!  My husband's bestie's birthday is coming up next week and I thought I'd try and get a head start on some of my January cards.  Don't worry - this increased organization will probably only last a week or so!  I've got a lot of outdoorsy themed paper that I rarely used but knew it would be perfect for this card!  I cut some trees, coloured them with some Distress Inks and added my sentiment!  

Supplies:
Cardstock: Gray Granite (SU), Hammermill White Coverstock
Patterned Paper: Mountain Trek 2.0 (Paper Rose)
Distress Ink: Rustic Wilderness, Mowed Lawn, Bundled Sage, Shabby Shutters
Other: Evergreens (Taylored Expressions), Mini Everyday Sentiments (Spellbinders), Square Dies (Spellbinders), Black Foil (Spellbinders), Glimmer Hot Foil Machine (Spellbinders).

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to our Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge this week!  The Design Team has got some amazing cards posted to spark your creativity!

Ski day!  We're missing a kid because he was off skiing with friends!

One gorgeous sunrise in the mountains!

The Summit of Prairie Mountain 

Still smiling!  It was a great hike!


I hope you have a great week!  Make sure you get outside and get some fresh air!

Jen

 

5 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how often I've gazed at this beauty on IG, Jen! It really is just so perfectly constructed around the fabulous designer paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is absolutely amazing! I just love everything about it. Congrats on your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your card with that amazing scene, fabulous colors and cute little trees. I can feel the great outdoors just by looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new job! How exciting! I hope it's going well so far. And your card is such a fabulous masculine card - CAS but with such interest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful scene you created! I love the pops of green against the subtle background. I hope your new job is going well!

    ReplyDelete