Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #580


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great start to your week!  We've had a few days of freezing fog.  It's a new thing for me - we didn't seem to have this in Ontario.  Basically, the temperature is below freezing and it's super foggy and then all the trees get coated with fog creating freezing fog.  It's super cool and really pretty BUT it's April and I'm done with it!

We've got a great new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the queen of clean cards herself, Jen Mitchell!  Jen's cards are so beautiful so head to her blog and check them out!  


Jen's sketch  might have thrown me for a loop.  I had decided that I would give the Be Bold Blooms a break (even though I didn't really want to and in hindsight probably should have used them)!  I had this basket of strawberries on my desk and decided that I would use them.  I obviously wasn't paying attention to the sketch and my panels are all the wrong size.  Sometimes I wonder about myself!

Supplies: 
Cardstock: Basic White, Real Red, Granny Apple Green, Garden Green, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso
Paper: Summer Lovin' Red Gingham (Simple Stories)
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Early Espresso
Other: Lovely Layers Strawberries (Honey Bee Stamps), Yana's Special Sentiments (Spellbinders), Silver Foil, Silver Sequins



A couple of photos from our hike on the weekend.  This was the steepest hike we've done.  Not the longest or the highest but definitely the steepest.  It was crazy but the view was spectacular!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge!  We always love to see all the amazing designs!

Have an amazing day!

Jen




 

4 comments:

  1. Freezing fog aside, your basket of strawberries is delightful. And I'm smitten with the gingham background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous basket of strawberries!! LOVE it on the gingham background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just want to say you can keep your freezing fog! Sounds delightful - not! Your card on the other hand is totally delightful and your strawberries look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card, Jen! So fresh and yummy ! This strawberry basket is super tempting!

    ReplyDelete