Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #506


Happy Wednesday!
I hope you're having a great start to your week so far!  I am loving the slightly warmer weather we've been having.  The larch trees are just gorgeous right now.  The bright yellow paints the landscape a beautiful gold.  We're heading for another hike on Friday.  It's going to be the toughest one yet!  Part of me is scared and part of me is so excited I can't wait.  The view from the "top" is going to be amazing!  Except we won't make it to the top because this is one high mountain!!!

We've got a great new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches for you!  Our hostess this week is one of my favourite Texans and a colour matching expert - Amy O'Neill!  She has a great new sketch for us but I'm thinking the design team has it out for me because we've seen a lot of circles lately!!


So I actually knew right away what I wanted to do with this card.  I need to get a handle on some Christmas cards and decided last year's poinsettia die from SU would be perfect for that circle!  I used some of the Peaceful Prints DSP for my strips!  I love a good red and black buffalo check!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic White, Real Red, Silver Foil
DSP: Peaceful Prints
Stamps: Arrange a Wreath
Ink: Basic Black
Other: Poinsettia Dies, Subtle Shimmer Sequins, Dimensionals


I hope you'll take some time and head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the gorgeous cards!  I know you'll be inspired to join our challenge this week!

Have an amazing day!

Jen


 

6 comments:

  1. Sorry for the circle, but you handled it brilliantly! I love this gorgeous poinsettia and the buffalo plaid. And I'm envious of your gorgeous scenery and hiking adventures. Enjoy the one on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the view from the top - even if it's not quite the top! I'm such a fan of poinsettias, I think I might need to add this die to my stash. It looks fabulous with the buffalo check!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect for the holidays! Love the poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Love the poinsettia and all the sparkle your card has, oh and the cool plaid strips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a striking Christmas card! Black, red and white is a stunning combo and you have used it perfectly here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've created a wonderful festive card! Loving how striking the DSP is paired with the poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete