Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #313



Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great start to your week.  Have you had any snow yet?  We had a bit of snow last Thursday.  Not enough to create chaos but enough to make me wish I lived somewhere warm that had palm trees.  Somewhere like Hawaii!!!  I am not a cold weather girl, which is funny because I was born and raised and have lived my whole life in Canada!  Oh well!  I guess I'll just have to accept that the snow is coming and try and enjoy it!!!

We have a great new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches today!  Our hostess this week is our favourite New Zealand card maker and one of the most creative people I know...Karren Johnson!  Karren's cards always amaze me so head over to her blog and check them out!

Karren's sketch obviously threw me for a loop.  Do you see those circles.  There are 6!  6!  And here I thought Karren and I were friends!!!!  I took a few deep breaths and dug in.  I found some cut flower and leaves stamps and went to town.  This card came together surprisingly easy for me.  It's truly a shocker!  Trust me!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Cucumber Crush, Watermelon Wonder
Stamps:  You're so (Reverse Confetti), Love Blooms (Reverse Confetti)
Ink: Versamark
Other: You're So Confetti Cuts, Love Blooms Confetti Cuts, Sequins (SU), Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches Blog and check out the beautiful cards the Design Team has created!  You will be inspired!  We can't wait to see what you come up with !

Have a fabulous day!
Jen

5 comments:

  1. This is definitely a fabulous card to wish a fabulous birthday, Jen! I love so much those lovely flowers framing the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Six circles.....yeoow! You handled them beautifully! Very pretty flowers.....and perfectly matched sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for throwing 6 circles at you, Jen, but you recovered well and created a totally gorgeous card. Still friends? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fabulous job of overcoming your circle phobia! I love these pretty flowers and the sentiment die-cut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow? Ack! No snow here (thankfully) but I think Linda got some too. I'm praying for a snow-free winter. I don't think it will happen, but a girl can dream right? And you've done a clever interpretation of this sketch. Pesky circles be gone! Flowers look beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete