Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #285


Happy Wednesday!  We are currently sitting in the middle of the last full week in April!  How did that happen?  I feel like it was just the beginning of March and we are cruising into May and closer to my son's 11th birthday.   Mom needs to get working on this.  Turning 11 is a big deal and since this is his first year without a party, I need to change my course of planning and figure out something really fun to do as a family to celebrate!

We have a great new sketch today at Freshly Made Sketches courtesy of one of our resident Texans!  On a side note - I would love to visit Texas sometime.  I just think it's just one of those places I need to see!  I imagine there are cacti and cowboy hats everywhere.  I'm pretty sure that's not the case though!  Anyhow, Amy O'Neill is our amazing hostess this week.  She is our super creative, colour whiz.  I always am awed by the cool designs and combinations she comes up with!



Amy's sketch threw me for a bit of a loop.  I originally had one design in mind but realized quickly that wouldn't work so moved onto Plan B.  Now, Plan B saw a few renditions but I settled on this very gold accented one!  I happened to have this one sheet of DSP from the Pop of Pink pack and I had to use it!  I think this card will work nicely to celebrate my in laws upcoming wedding anniversary!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White, Gold Foil
DSP: Pop of Pink
Stamps: Sweet Celebrations (Lil Inkers)
Ink: Black
Other: Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits, Celebrate Word Die (Lil Inkers), Double Stitched Circles (Lil Inkers), Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you'll pop on over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the beautiful cards the Design Team has created for you!  You will be inspired!

Have a fabulous day!

Jen

8 comments:

  1. I love the dragonfly in gold! And I love how you've done the sentiment -- splitting part onto a banner. It's a beautiful card! You're welcome to come visit us any time. We'd love to have you, but don't expect to see much cacti where we are, though you could see it in other parts of the state. You do see plenty of cowboy boots and hats, but we drive to school rather than ride a horse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love the gold! It looks terrific and adds such glam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving this gold dragonfly. What an elegant statement he makes on your card. Your in laws will be thrilled to get this celebratory card, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gold and the black is SO dramatic - just lovely with the golden dragonfly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, golden dragonfly. Such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and elegant card, Jen! The black and gold is such a classic and gorgeous combo and that dragonfly is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous! The black and white colour combo with gold dragonfly is a stunner of a combination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderful dragonfly, Jen! Your card is so elegant !

    ReplyDelete