Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #236


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  We're finally getting some sort of spring like weather around here.  The long range forecast has some temperatures that are not very springy but I guess as long as it's not snowing we shouldn't complain!  If you haven't heard about the terrible wild fires in Fort McMurray (Alberta, Canada), you need to check out the news.  This entire city of over 80,000 has been evacuated and about 2500 structures (homes and businesses) have been lost.  I can't even begin to imagine the devastation these people are facing.  So many people were only given a minute's notice before they had to leave their home and they've lost everything.  If you haven't done so, please consider donating to the Canadian Red Cross and helping out these thousands of families who are in such incredible need right now!

Being Wednesday, we have a great new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess with the mostess this week is Rita Wright!  Rita makes fabulous cards and can colour like nobody's business!  I long to colour like Rita!!!


This sketch may have thrown me for a loop.  There's a giant bird on it!  That's like planting a giant circle or even a square for that matter. I could not think of a shape to use!  That and I have felt so uncreative lately.  I saw my Fancy Feathers stamp set from Lil Inkers sitting in my bucket and decided I would use them for this card!  I opted for some silver embossing powder and vellum to create the feathers!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White
Stamps: Fancy Feathers (Lil' Inkers)
Ink: Versamark, Stazon Black
Other: Basic Rhinestones, Stitched Rectangles (Lil Inkers), Fancy Feathers Dies (Lil Inkers), Silver Embossing Powder, Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over the the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the amazing card the design team has created!  I also hope you'll head over to the Canadian Red Cross and make a donation to help out some families who have lost so much!

Have a wonderful day!

Jen


7 comments:

  1. Your card is so cool, calm and classy! Beautiful! The fire in Canada is beyond a nightmare. The size and scope of it is staggering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful card, Jen! Those feathers are so elegant looking. When I was about 10, I had a penpal from Fort McMurray. We wrote to each other for several years. I really, really hope she and her family (if they still live there) are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elegant and classy! I love the feathers embossed in silver. It has been just heartbreaking to see the images from the Ft. McMurray fire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't look like you have a lack of creativity to me! You do black and white like no one else (which I LOVE) and the feathers were a perfect choice. It's very bird-like! :) great card, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I totally love this card Jen! So elegant with such a striking colour combo - it's right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is perfect for the sketch! The feathers on the vellum are just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the bird inspired the feathers! The cards are lovely and the silver, black and white is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete