Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #225


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having great start to your week!  We are supposed to be getting a big storm here today!  Now, the question is, will we get snow or rain?  I must say I'm hoping for rain. At this point in the winter, well, the snow has missed it's chance and now it should just go somewhere else!  Right now the forecast is half rain/half snow.  I doubt it will be enough to result in a snow day though!

We have a great new sketch today at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the one and only Jen Mitchell!  I love, love, love Jen's cards!  She is super creative and her card making style is one of my favourites!
I loved Jen's sketch this week!  It is super versatile!  I didn't really want to use a square - because really I didn't know what I would do with a square but I really wanted to use my Fancy Feathers set from Lil' Inkers!  I hadn't had a chance to ink it up yet and I do really love feathers!  This isn't the greatest picture and I apologize. I  had taken a better one that showed the gold off better but apparently it was blurry and I didn't notice!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Gold
Stamps: Fancy Feathers (Lil' Inkers)
Ink: Versamark
Other: Gold Embossing Powder, Fancy Feathers Die, Hello Confetti Cut (Reverse Confetti), Falling Snow Embossing Folder, Stitched Rectangles (Lil' Inkers), Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you are able to get over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the amazing cards the Design Team has created for you!!!

Have a fabulous day!
Jen

9 comments:

  1. Oh I do love those diecut feathers! Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gold is always so hard to show in pictures. This is really pretty! I, too, love those feathers. Perfect here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on this sketch!! I love the feathers! they look stunning with the dark embossing on black. Beautiful!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and elegant! The texture in the white panel is such a cool look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love the texture, love the feathers. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, those gold feathers are fabulous! Much better than a boring old circle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card Jen! The feathers look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving your embossed panel for this sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! So clean and crisp! I love those embossed feathers - they are such a standout!

    ReplyDelete