Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #190


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you've had a great start to your week!  I spent most of my day yesterday doing some cutting for our church camp this summer.  One of the projects we are making requires 225 envelopes.  I got those cut yesterday but the scoring and punching may take a while!  I think I need to pick easier projects!

Being Wednesday, we have a great new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the amazing Amy O'Neill.  Amy has the most amazing eye for colour and comes up with the best colour combinations!  Check out her blog and all of her creative cards!

I must admit that this sketch may have given me a slight challenge!  I need an anniversary card this week.  You see my mom and dad are celebrating their 41st wedding anniversary next week and I wanted to make them a card that needed to get in the mail yesterday!  That oval threw me for a loop though!  I also realized in the creating of this card that I only one one stamp that says "Happy Anniversary".  I could have used "welcome baby" and my mom and dad probably would have gotten a big chuckle out of it but I decided to go with "Happiness Always" instead!

I used the flower from Secret Garden and coloured it using Blendabilities.  The flower started out as a Rich Razzleberry flower but ended up being Daffodil Delight!  I tell you, sometimes cards come together easy and sometimes they take a LONG time!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black
DSP: Brights Paper Stack (Retired)
Stamps: Secret Garden, And Many More
Ink: Stazon Black, Moss Meadow
Other: Basic Rhinestones, Oval Spellbinders, Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Secret Garden Framelits, Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the amazing cards the Design Team has created for your viewing pleasure!

Have a wonderful day!

Jen


7 comments:

  1. Perfect for the anniversary! Beautiful flower! Well an oval is a circle's first cousin.......lol....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Jen! I love the woodgrain texture and the yellow flower just pops! Some day I'd like to see an anniversary card with a "welcome baby" sentiment! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your mum and dad! What an achievement! And your card is the perfect celebration. Happiness Always does seem a bit more appropriate than Welcome Baby LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! And perfect for an anniversary card. I love how you've colored the flower, and I'm sorry this sketch was a challenge for you. But you ended up with a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the texture you created! This is just gorgeous!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I love this flower in Daffodil! This is a beautiful card. Gorgeous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful! Your parents are going to love your gorgeous card - super stunning!

    ReplyDelete