Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #148


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great week!  We are totally enjoying a fabulous week with my mom and dad!  Jacob is having his vacation week!  He was super excited to stay (as long as mom and Caleb stayed too!).  Today we took a trip to Ottawa and visited the Museum of Nature and the Canada Aviation and Space Museum!  Both were big hits!

We have a great new sketch today at Freshly Made Sketches courtesy of the fabulous Jen Mitchell!  I am always inspired by the amazing cards that Jen creates!  For the month of August we have a fabulous new designer with us!  Please welcome Kim Singdalhsen to our little group!  Please stop by her blog and show her some love!



I wanted to keep my card fairly simple.  I decided to go with a black and white look.  Of course I needed to throw in some silver.  That wasn't quite enough.  It needed a something little extra so I added a pop of red in there to give it some pizzazz.  I used the new Amazing Birthday stamp set!  Super fun to work with!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Silver
Stamps: Amazing Birthday
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red, Versamark
Other: Silver Embossing Powder, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Please head on over to the Freshly Made Sketches Blog to check out the fabulous creations the Design Team has come up with!  You won't be disappointed!

Have a wonderful day!

Jen!

9 comments:

  1. Wowza.....you totally rocked this sketch! Love that flash of metal look! And the pop,of red is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME! Definitely pin-worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Jen! That silver foil background is a showstopper. And the little touch of red is perfect! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this card is ridiculously amazing! I am completely in love with how you've used the silver card stock. This is got a cool sci-fi vibe to it, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is a stunner, Jen! I love, love the bold colour scheme and the pop of red is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing card,Jen!! I love the black,silver with the pop of red!! Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These colours look amazing together Jen - the silver and red are a fab addition to black!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sentiment backed with the silver makes a fabulous statement!

    ReplyDelete