Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches #90


Hello!
I hope everyone is having a great week!  It's been a busy one around here!  I've been doing a lot of last minute volunteering "stuff" at the school as well as quite a few family activities so I haven't been in my craft room at all!  My first order from the new catalogue arrived and I've opened the box....nothing has even made it out of the box!  That must be a crime right?!

We have another new and fabulous sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches!  The lovely Linda Callahan has a great sketch for us today!   I needed a birthday card this week and have been dying to use the Elegant Eggplant/Perfect Plum combination!  I love the flower from the Blooming with Kindness stamp set and thought it would work perfectly in that giant centre square!
Supplies:
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant
Stamps: Blooming with Kindness, Occasional Quotes
Ink: Elegant Eggplant
Other: Beautifully Baroque Textured Embossing Folder, Basic Pearls, Dimensionals


Last Friday my little cuties and I headed over to the Warplane Heritage Museum in Hamilton!  It's a favourite!  The boys were so excited to sit in this plane.  It apparently has two ejector seats...Caleb couldn't find the button though!  Jacob brought his Kindergarten class mascot with us...Kinderpup!  We almost left him there!!!


Thanks for stopping by!
Please head on over to the Freshly Made Sketches Blog to check out the other beautiful cards the Design Team has created for you!

Have a wonderful day!

Jen

9 comments:

  1. Hmmm, no ejection button pushing allowed! ;-) You have to know how much I love this picture of your boys!! The puppy completes it! This card is simply fab...love those colors!! Perfect for the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card - so rich and elegant! And your boys are so cute - they look delighted with that plane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your take on the sketch this week! those colors are fantastic together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were right about everything on this card. The colors are beautiful and that flower stamp is perfectly framed in the center square. And maybe you've got a couple of budding pilots in the works!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we were of the same mindset with this one -- use a large, gorgeous flower for the focal point. I love this flower stamp. Looks like a fun day with the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours you've used are just beautiful Jen - those colours always look stunning together! I was unsure what image to put in the square initially, but this flower image is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Jen! I'm a big fan of purple and this is a gorgeous combination! Hope you are having a fun summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is so gorgeous and elegant. I love these colors together. It's amazing, it looks like you used both colors in the stamped image. The choice of embossing is the perfect complement, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Purples rock and so does this card. Very pretty! And I do think it's a crime that your new goodies are still in the box! Gasp. I hope you've fixed that by now!

    ReplyDelete