Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches #78



Hello!
Hope you're enjoying you're week so far! I know if you live anywhere in Ontario or along the Eastern Seaboard you are NOT experiencing spring...more like winter rearing it's ugly head!  I know some skiers out there are totally pumped about an extra long season...I however am totally ready for spring!  Bring on the tulips!

Today does thankfully mean a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  The very creative Jen Mitchell brings us this week's sketch...notice she has a circle on it!!!  I struggled with this card.  My original card (which lays in pieces on my desk) was going to be a beautiful black and raspberry ripple...sigh...it did not turn out as I had envisioned.  
I decided to use the Tea for Two DSP...I do love this paper!  It makes me smile!  I couldn't figure out what to use for my circle and opted for a scrunchy flower!  I love scrunched up flowers!!!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
DSP: Tea for Two
Stamps: Kindness Matters
Ink: Early Espresso
Other: Scalloped Circle Punches, Brads (retired), Finishing Touches Edgelits, Calypso Coral Ribbon (retired)

Thanks for stopping by!  Head on over to the Freshly Sketches blog to check out the other very talented designers creations!

Have a great day!
Jen

9 comments:

  1. Love this paper and colors! And the scrunchy flower is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love a day of snow, but not a whole extra long winter season! Yikes. I hope the tulips appear soon. I love your card; scrunchy flowers are the best! I need to use that paper more; I always forget how pretty it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost every circle sketch turns into a scrunchy flower when I make it. This is a perfect little flower and I love the papers together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the circle :( But the scrunchy flower is pretty fantastic!! As for snow, I've had it. I think there's more coming but I'm afraid to watch the forecast because it's too depressing. Tulips indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your scrunchy flower with this dsp. And I miss those brads -- they go so well with this dsp, don't they. Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous DSP Jen! I am pretty sure I have some of this somewhere - gotta go find. I also love the flower, goes perfectly with the papers. I am sorry that you are having so much snow. My parents live in Minnesota and they are also having quite the time with snow this year. Hopefully spring will show up for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your paper choices and your fabulous scrunchy flower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really pretty Jen - I love the quilted effect of this DSP and how you've made it shine! I'm a lover of scrunchy flowers, so this card is perfect for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really beautiful, Jen! I am so in love with Tea for Two (the colors and patterns are so fabulous and user-friendly), and I love the way you've used it here. It's such a cheerful and inviting card. TFS!

    ReplyDelete