Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #602


Happy Wednesday!  Wow, Wednesdays come fast when you've had a long weekend!  Our youngest started 10th grade yesterday which seems almost impossible to me!  The boys' high school has a staggered start so my oldest doesn't start until Thursday.  Oh how I wish time would slow down a bit.  I'm not ready for my oldest to start his last year of high school.  Didn't he just start Kindergarten last year?!

We've got a great new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week!  Our hostess this week is the incredibly talented Kim Singdahlsen!  Kim's cards are spectacular.  She comes up with the most beautiful things!  Head on over to her blog and check them out!    


I knew I wanted to do a Christmas card with this sketch.  I also knew I wanted to do a pink poinsettia!  I don't think I've ever created a pink poinsettia so it was about time!  I opted to keep the colour to just pink and white so the "greenery" is now "whitery"!  I added some silver accents and was done!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Hammermill White Cover Stock, Blushing Bride, Silver Foil
Ink: Blushing Bride
Other: Holiday Blooms (Spellbinders), Christmas Bird Poinsettia (Spellbinders), A Merry Little Christmas Sentiments (Spellbinders), Silver Foil (Spellbinders), Silver Sequins (SU), Dainty Diamonds Embossing Folder (SU), Glimmer Hot Foil Machine (Spellbinders)

Our most recent hike wasn't a big one but one that was on our list.  It was long - almost 19 km but only 600 m elevation gain!  We did the Plain of 6 Glaciers Teahouse at Lake Louise!  It's an iconic hike and one we hadn't done.  You'll see the teahouse in the photos below.  We didn't actually stop and have anything at the teahouse. We just wanted to get on our way!  It was so neat to see all the glaciers and hear them cracking.  Our hiking season is coming to an end.  At this time of year we have no idea how many more weeks we'll have.  Snow and unfavourable weather can hit at any time and end things!  







Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join our challenge this week!  There are some amazing Design Team cards there to provide you with some incredible inspiration!  

Have an amazing day!

Jen


 

9 comments:

  1. Jen, I had to stop by to see your darling card up close and personally! I just adore pink at Christmas - pink Poinsettias? YES please!
    I will never forget seeing Lake Louise for the first time with my friend Betty - we lost her not more than a year later! Thanks for these beautiful reminders of our day together!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's spectacular!! (Both the card and the amazing hike!) The pink poinsettia is lovely and all of the white and silver "greenery" behind it is a gorgeous accent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pink poinsettia! So pretty with the silver. And hope you get a bit more of the hiking time (because I love seeing the pictures).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a stunning card...I love every element of it! And your hike photos are quite impressive as well! You're a lady of many talents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. Love the Pink Poinsettia and the white (greenery) accented with the silver. It's all very elegant looking. Again gorgeous photos of your hikes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pink poinsettia is just beautiful, Jen, and all the foliage around it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous holiday card! Loving the pale pink! And you are Wonder Woman! Beautiful scenery as always but wow a long hike!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning creation! I didn't know how much i would love soft pink, silver & white for Xmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Christmas card, Jen! This pink poinsettia so beautiful and I love this very classy color scheme.

    ReplyDelete