Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #596

 


Happy Wednesday!  
 I hope you're having a great start to your week! Trevor got back from Italy on Friday night so we went out for a little family adventure hike on Saturday but by Sunday he wasn't feeling too hot and by Monday he was sick.  I guess he brought us back something a little "fun" from Italy.  He's not allowed anywhere near the kitchen and has to stay away from the rest of us.  None of us want what he has!

We've got a brand new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week!  Our hostess is the incredibly talented Judy Rozema!  Judy's cards are always beautiful!  She's super creative and this week's sketch is no exception!  Make sure you head over to Judy's blog to check out her cards!  I love Judy's sketch this week and I love that we are to keep the bottom half of our card naked!  I pretty much knew right away I wanted to do a Christmas card with the Holiday Blooms dies!  



I used the Dazzling Diamonds Hot Foil plate to create the background for my top portion!  I tried it in pink first but then opted for silver!  I will still do something with the pink one though!  It's so pretty!  I went for a white and silver look this week since last week we went white and gold!  I might actually get some Christmas cards made this year!!!  

Supplies:
Cardstock: Hammermill White, Silver Foil
Other: Dazzling Diamonds Hot Foil Plate, Joyful Christmas Sentiments, Holiday Blooms, Silver Foil(all Spellbinders)






My kids agree to go for one hike a year and I have to be very strategic on where we go hiking.  This hike is a trail that goes around the Upper Kananaskis Lake.  It's a beautiful trail that has minimal elevation gain so they were "happy".  We had a great adventure out together!  

Thanks so much for stopping in today!  I hope you'll join in our challenge this week so please head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and submit your card!  Just remember to check out Judy's instructions this week!

Have an amazing week!
Jen



4 comments:

  1. Aw, I am so sorry he is sick!! Boo! I'm glad you had a little hike in first! Sending healing wishes! I love your elegant card and that hot foil background! Looks amazing!! Thank you for the kind words. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous!! LOVE the mix of silver and white with those elegant dies and hot foil accents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen your card is just beautiful! Hope that sickness bug hasn't spread and you are all now in good health.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another absolutely stunning card! You are the queen of elegant cards, my friend! I hope Trevor is feeling well again very soon.

    ReplyDelete