Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #499


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having an amazing week so far!  Yesterday we got rain.  This is a HUGE deal for us.  It's been weeks and weeks since we've had rain.  Everything was so dry.  Scary dry.  Wildfires are a big deal out here. We had one in Canmore which is about an hour from us and that's crazy close!  Hopefully with the rain, the fires will be a little more under control.  

We have a fabulous new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week!  Our hostess this week is the fabulous Jen Mitchell!  Jen is the queen of clean for sure and makes the most gorgeous cards.  Head over to her blog and check them out!


At first I thought this card would be no problem.  In my head I had an idea of what I wanted to do for this card but I had a really hard time making it work.  Of course I switched to Plan B but that one didn't work so I opted for Plan C and that didn't work so I went back to Plan A and worked and worked and finally ended up with a card.  

I really love the Christmas Pinecone dies...but I will admit they are a bit of a pain to work with.  Let's just say I don't want to have to make a lot of these!!  The brand new Timber Embossing Folder is fabulous and gave the card the texture it needed.  I added some Wink of Stella to the pinecones because they looked a little naked.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Basic White, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Garden Green, Soft Succulent
Stamps: Christmas to Remember
Ink: Versamark
Other: Christmas Pinecone Dies, Seasonal Label Dies, Timber 3D Embossing Folder, Wink of Stella,  White Embossing Powder, Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the collection of cards the Design Team has put together for you!

We can't wait to see what you create this week!
Have an amazing day!

Jen




 

5 comments:

  1. Just beautiful for the holidays! And yep those wildfires in western US and Canada scare the life out of me! awful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually wish for rain, but in your case you definitely need it. I hope things will improve. And this Christmas card is stunning! I love the textured background plus the pinecones and leafy sprigs make great accents in the corners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and so very dimensional! I hope you get the rain that is needed to control the fires.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't love this card anymore than I already do! It's such a beautiful card - I adore everything about it! Praying for rain for your country x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous take on the sketch, Jen! These Christmas pine cones are so pretty. I would never have thought you've had hard time creating this christmas beauty. All the elements work so well together.

    ReplyDelete