Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #457


Hello!

Happy Wednesday!  We are coming off a long Thanksgiving weekend in Canada!  We were able to get out for a few hikes this weekend and the trees were so glorious!  That's one thing I would miss if I didn't live where there were gorgeous maples and oaks.  The colours were amazing!  

We have an amazing new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week courtesy of the talented Linda Callahan!  Linda makes gorgeous cards!  She is super creative and usually has a great story to go with her cards!  Head over to her blog to check them out! 


I bet you can't guess it, but I had trouble with this one!  I know, shocking right?!  Story of my life these days.  I just couldn't figure out what to do.  Finally my eyes landed on the Honey Bee DSP from SU.  It's some of my favourite paper ever!  I was pretty sure this would work for my card!

I added a couple of little bees and we were off to the races!   

Supplies:

Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Gold Foil

DSP: Honey Bee Specialty

Stamps: Honey Bee, Celebrate Sunflowers

Ink: Memento Black, Basic Black

Other: Detailed Bees Dies, Tasteful Texture DSP, Stampin Blends, Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the gorgeous cards the Design Team have created!  

Have an amazing day!

Jen

 

7 comments:

  1. Great way to use this pretty paper! I've missed these cute bees. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving and were able to enjoy the beautiful outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect way to show off that paper. Every time I see one of your bee cards, I go to get mine out, and remember I have misplaced the dies!! :-/
    Your card is delightfully bee-you-tee-full!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of my favorite DSPs too! it is beautiful and so is your card! So elegant with the black and gold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Off to the races and a winner in my book! LOVE your take on the sketch, Jennifer. Crisp. Bold. Elegant. Classic. Add a bit of gold and it's perfection. Thanks for inspiring those who play here week after week with your amazing cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty. I like the stamps/paper you used. Everything coordinates perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! The touches of gold add such a classy look to this gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you used this paper with the sketch - it's fabulous paper and the sketch shows it off so well!!

    ReplyDelete