Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #443


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great start to your week so far!  I'm thinking that no matter where you live right now, you're roasting!  It has been so hot and humid here.  We have hot weather in Southern Ontario but I feel like this is one of the longest stretches of this crazy heat that we've had.  Topped off with no rain at all.  Hopefully we get a bit of relief soon!

We have a fantastic new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the amazing Lee Ann Barrett.  Lee Ann is another one of our colouring queens!  I always love to see the beautiful cards she comes up with!  Head over to her blog to check them out!

This week's sketch is super fun!  I must admit when I first saw it I was a little freaked out.  I wasn't quite sure what I would do with it.  Then when I decided what I kinda wanted, it all came together rather quickly!

So yes, I hauled out the peonies again.  I'm sorry.  I love them.  They're so fun to use!  I kept this card neutral!  Grey and White look!  I probably should have added in some colour but I decided I liked it as is!

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Basic Gray
DSP:  Peony Garden
Stamps: Prized Peony, Peaceful Moments
Ink: Basic Black, Memento
Other: Smokey Slate Stampin' Blends, Clear Epoxy Droplets, Dainty Diamonds Embossing Folder, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the amazing cards the ladies have created!

Have an incredible day!

Jen


6 comments:

  1. Crazy hot here as well...not a fan! But I am a fan of that peony! Beautiful card - and I love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These peonies are gorgeous no matter the color! Beautifully done, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've created a gorgeous card and using neutrals makes every element and texture really shine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, love your black and white choise.
    Thank you for your compliment on my Craftchaos Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all about the peonies so just keep throwing them out on the cards, lol! I love this monochromatic look. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! I love the shades of gray- just lovely. Isn't it funny how at some point in time we are ALL freaked out by some sketch!? I'm so glad I am not alone!

    ReplyDelete