Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #355


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  It's been a gorgeous week here so far.  The humidity is decreasing a little bit and I am soaking in the last days of summer.  Don't get me wrong, fall is my favourite season but I do love the warmth and simplicity of summer!  Flip flops, sunglasses and away you go!!!

We have a great new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the amazing Kim Singdahlsen!  Kim's cards are always so amazing!  She has the most incredible stamps, dies and colouring tools! I'm always excited to see what she's created!  Head over to her blog and check it out!



I loved Kim's sketch and since I was still in the Christmas card making spirit, I decided to give another one a whirl.  I used the now retired Festival of Trees for this card.  I just love this set and love that there's a punch to coordinate with them.  I opted for a black, white and red theme!  Not sure why but it just seemed to be what I liked that day!!  The one tree looked a little sad so I added some sequins to him!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Red Foil
Stamps: Festival of Trees
Ink: Stazon Black
Other: Softly Falling TIEF, Tree punch, Sequins, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the gorgeous cards the Design Team has created for you.  You won't be disappointed!!

Have a fabulous day!

Jen

7 comments:

  1. What an elegant card in black and red!! Gorgeous trees under the simple snowfall. And I love the sprinkling of sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Jen! The trees work perfectly with your snow-embossed background. And I love the sequins on the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these trees----so stylish in black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Classy black and white card with a hint of red! Your trees add a whimsical look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much to love here! Your sad tree cheered up with sequins, the falling snow, and this eclectic color combo are all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Black, white and red is such a wonderful colour combo and your card totally does these colours justice! Wonderful Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Black, white and a pop of red... you can never go wrong with colors IMO ! Love it on this beautiful Christmas card !

    ReplyDelete