Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #337


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great week so far!  We've had a lovely week!  My mom and I have been on a few walks this week and have been admiring all of the beautiful blossoms.  They are just so pretty!  Our trees have almost all their leaves now and our backyard is becoming more secluded!  It's perfect for all of the outside time!

We have a great new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the creative Linda Callahan.  Linda is our resident storyteller and beautiful card designer!  Head over to Linda's blog and check out her gorgeous cards!


I decided to ink up my Hello Lovely stamp set from Concord & 9th.  I haven't really used that set much before because I didn't have the markers to colour it (and my colouring is terrible).  I have unpacked most of my craft room now so I knew where the markers were and went to town.  I'm still learning the art of colouring and know that I have a long way to go!  Have you seen some of the girls on this team?  They're colouring queens!

I cut out the flowers roughly so they would fit better on the card.  Probably a no no but I really wanted to be able to use them!!!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Calypso Coral
Stamps: Hello Lovely (Concord & 9th)
Ink: Memento Black
Other: Stampin Blends, Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder, Bitty Banners Framelits, Sequins

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the gorgeous cards the Design Team has created for you!  You won't be disappointed!

Have a fabulous day!

Jen





8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Great color choices and your product choices were perfect for the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous glorious flower! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Jen! Love the colours you've chosen and your colouring looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your coloring is beautiful! This is a gorgeous (and colorful) spray of flowers. And your textured background goes with it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jennifer, so glad you’re getting out with your Mom for walks in the nice weather. It may seem like a simple little pleasure, but one day you will truly treasure this memory. And there is nothing like a good shade tree in the yard. I love how you carried through the lovely blossom theme to your gorgeous card. Hope you have a wonderful creative weekend and week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, this is my fave flower stamp of all time. I love the colour palette you have chosen and your colouring is amazing. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card Jen. Love the sweet flowers... lovely image, and great coloring. The textured background looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete