Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #324


Hello Happy Valentine's Day!
I hope you're all having a fabulous day celebrating love!  We don't do too much around here.  We generally celebrate together!  I always make chocolate covered strawberries for dessert and I bought the two boys and my husband a little chocolate.  Not a lot.  They don't need it!!!  I'll be going to bootcamp tonight and Caleb will be heading to youth at church so it won't even really be spent together!!

We have a an amazing new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches courtesy of our layering and fussy cutting queen Narelle Farrugia! Narelle's cards are just gorgeous!  Head over to her blog and you'll be wowed by her creativity!!

I opted not to use a circle for this card.  Because I needed a valentine's day card for my husband and wasn't sure what to do.  The funny thing about this card - which says that I love him and coffee, is that I don't like coffee!!!  I'm a tea drinker but the heart didn't say tea so we went with coffee.  He'll understand!!  I hope!

I'm in the throws of kids camp preparation and I have paper and stamp sets and pictures and lists all over my craft room.  It is definitely not conducive to creating anything these days and I feel like this card definitely doesn't meet the standards I set for it!!  Thankfully I always have next week!!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black
DSP: Stacked with Love (retired)
Stamps: Merry Cafe
Ink: Real Red
Other: Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the beautiful cards the Design Team has created for your inspiration!

Have a "lovely" day!!

Jen

4 comments:

  1. Reading that made me smile! You didn't use a circle? I'll forgive you because your card is just awesome! You hubby will love this card as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a tea drinker too! But your card is still adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coffee cup is a great substitute for the circle. And if it's filled with tea - even better! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this coffee cup and oh so funny...I'm sure he totally understood! That woodgrain is great in the background.

    ReplyDelete