Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #301


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope everyone is having a great start to their week!  We are currently enjoying some R&R with Grannie and Papa!  It's been nice being able to relax and enjoy some time away from home!  We will totally enjoy these last few weeks of summer since the start of school is coming faster than I care to admit!

We have a new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  I'm fortunate to be this week's hostess!  I had a card in mind when I came up with this sketch and I'm thankful that when I made it, it actually looked kinda like what I had envisioned!  Coming up with a sketch can be very nerve wracking!  You just never know how people are going to feel about it!


I had some Pop of Pink DSP sitting on my desk and I just had to use it.  I love that paper with those fabulous gold accents!  I wish I had purchased more than one pack!!!  I must say the embossing didn't go as well as I had hoped.  I may have embossed the other side as well and it looked ever worse.  I don't know what the issue is and yes, I used an embossing buddy!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White, Gold
DSP: Pop of Pink
Stamps: Sweet Celebrations (Lil Inkers)
Ink: Versamark
Other: Gold Embossing Powder, Botanical Blossoms, Celebrate Word Die (Lil Inkers), Dimensionals

Thanks again for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the amazing cards that the Design Team has created for your inspiration!  You won't be disappointed!  We look forward to seeing what you create this week!

Have a fabulous day!
Jen
SaveSaveSaveSave

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Love the gold accents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color combo and design equals one classy card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sketch and your card is gorgeous, Jen,! I love all the gold and your DSP is so elegant! I'm definitely going to try to play along this week...Thanks for your inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun sketch! And your card is beautiful....so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is exquisite, even with the little extra from the embossing. I, too, have had that happen and I can't figure out why.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well woo-hoo that is one sparkly celebration card! I love how you did the sentiment! The sketch is great (even though I did my card backwards)!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and elegant card, Jen, and a fabulous sketch! I had so much fun with your sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sketch is completely fabulous! And your card is such a wow!! Love that pop from the gold.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elegant and festive! That dsp looks like gold confetti. Beautiful card, Jen! And I love the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow ! This is definitly a beautiful card Jen! So classy !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly elegant! I love the way you have mixed the golds and the blacks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Truly elegant and truly gorgeous! I am loving this classy card Jen!

    ReplyDelete