Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #298


Hello!
Happy Wednesday! I hope everyone is having a great week.  It's a very quiet week at our house.  The boys are with my parents for the week and they are having a blast.  They love going to visit Grannie and Papa and when I suggested I go with them, I got a resounding "NO"!  I guess I've been told!  My husband and I went on a huge mountain bike ride last night.  His instructions were to ensure that I made it out alive.  I did.  Just barely.  Only one fall and nothing broken or bleeding so I guess that's good.  I think he has forgotten I haven't really been biking like that in a LONG time and my bones aren't as young as they used to be!

Anyone, we have a great new sketch today at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the fabulous Linda Callahan!  Linda is very creative and makes beautiful cards.  I also think she's one of the funniest people I've ever "met".  We haven't met but I feel like we have!  Anyhow, go and check out her blog!  You'll be inspired!


I went with a very simple card.  I had some of this So Saffron DSP laying around after camp just screaming to be used up.  I combined with with some black and away I went!  I threw on some Glitter Enamel Dots and voila!  It looks like it took me 5 minutes.  It did not.  This is not the first version and not at all what I had envisioned when I started.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, So Saffron
DSP: So Saffron (Subtles DSP Stack)
Stamps: Sweet Celebrations (Reverse Confetti)
Ink: Stazon Black
Other: Celebrate Word Die, Sweet Celebrations Dies, Glitter Enamel Dots, Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the beautiful cards the Design Team has created for your inspiration!

Have a fabulous day!

Jen

6 comments:

  1. I love yellow and black together....classic! Thanks for making my sketch look so good! And you are amazing to go on those wild bike rides!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The polka dots in that soft colour with the black accents really make this gorgeous card pop! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! I'm glad you made it out alive from your mountain bike ride! Otherwise we'd never get to see this beauty! I think I've got some of that DSP too - in my stash of "old but not forgotten!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. The saffron is perfect with black! And just lying around after camp....I would assume that would be all that YOU would want to do. Not sure how you make it happen but what a blessing that you do. Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is always a classy colour combo - so striking and so eye catching! Loving this card Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Jen! Your card is so classy! Love it

    ReplyDelete