Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #293


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're all having a great start to your week!  I guess we're right in the middle now aren't we?!  My kids still have a week and a half of school. Nothing like dragging it out until the end of June!  They're both mentally done too which isn't helping!  My oldest even has a test today!  I'm looking forward to the start of summer vacation and a little less rushing and scheduling!

We have a great new sketch today at Freshly Made Sketches courtesy of our resident New Zealander, Karren Johnson!  Karren's cards are just diving and I totally think we need to take a Design Team trip down under to visit her and play with all her fun crafting supplies!!!



Karren's sketch is super versatile and even though it's a chunk of a great big circle, it didn't freak me out!  I saw it and knew I wanted to use my pop of pink DSP that I had sitting on my desk!  After it was done though I knew I needed to add something so some pink sequins were applied.  I just couldn't find a way to tie Wink of Stella into this one folks, sorry about that!  Now, this giant circle was a bit investing to cut.  Thankfully I still have my very old Creative Memories circle cutters and they came in VERY handy for this one!!!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black
DSP: Pop of Pink
Stamps: LJD Birthday Greetings (MFT)
Ink: Stazon Black
Other: Sequins, Creative Memories Circle cutters, Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Please take a minute to head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the amazing cards the Design Team has created!

Have a fabulous day!

Jen

5 comments:

  1. I love that bright pop of happy pink! And see-- there's a good reason we hang on to old supplies - you never know when you might need them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A design trip down under sounds fabulous, Jen! Just let me know when you're all coming and I'll put the coffee on ;) Love the bold stripes and pop of black in your card - so striking and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bold stripes of your circle. The black outline really makes it pop! Let me know when you buy your plane tickets to NZ. I'll be right beside you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun striped background! And yep a field trip to New Zealand would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You still have those circle cutters!?!? WOW!!!! ;) Mine were sold off long ago to free up space, lol. I adore your double mat on the circle line and the splash of sequins! :)

    ReplyDelete