Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #207


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great start to your week!  We have a busy week here in this house.  Caleb is being fitted for a new retainer today and we need to go and get the moulds done. I have the joy of taking him.  Hopefully it goes okay!  The boys are both taking drum lessons this year.  I thought for sure I would regret this but they are having so much fun and learning so much.  I have also learned to read drum music and can play a few bars when needed!  Who knew?!

We have a great new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week courtesy of the amazing Kim Singdahlsen!  Kim creates the most amazing cards and is one of the major enablers on our team!  You need to check out her blog but beware...you may feel strongly inclined to go shopping after seeing her gorgeous cards!

What I first had in mind when I saw this sketch is not what I created.  Even this card isn't exactly what I wanted but it's what we're going with this week.  I envisions snowflakes and sparkle but that didn't quite work out.

I decided to use some of my Pretty Petals Designer Series Paper Stack.  I really like this paper!  As you know, I usually like to have cards with as much white space as possible but I decided to fill that in today!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White
DSP: Pretty Petals
Stamps: Set from the Water Colour Wishes Kit
Ink: Black Stazon
Other: Wooden Butterflies and Sequins (Water Colour Wishes Kit)

Thanks so much for stopping in today!  I hope you have the time to go over to the Freshly Made Sketches Design Team blog to check out the amazing cards the Design Team has created for you!

Have a fabulous day!

Jen

12 comments:

  1. So simple, so sweet! Lovely color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this happy mix of color and patterns with those sweet butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While this is a different look for you without all of the white space, it is still so clean and fabulous. I love the coral and black together, and you picked the perfect patterns to go together. I totally forgot those butterflies were in that kit -- I need to go dig mine out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bright colors, pretty mix of patterns and lovely sentiment on this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card using beautiful papers and the butterflies are the icing on the cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jen: I love the way you used this lovely papers on your creation, the different patterns go together so beautifully. The butterflies and the sequences are a very sweet detail.
    Thank you for sharing at Freshly Made Sketches.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What pretty papers!! Love the little sequins and those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First things first. I think you need to show us a video of your drum playing. Or is it drumming? I have no idea, I just know that I want to see it! And secondly, wow, what an amazing card! The colors are so vibrant and I love those sweet little butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful paper choices - LOVE the two tiny butterflies as accents!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Drum lessons? You're a very patient Mom! Your card is beautiful. I love your choice of colors and papers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh look at these beautiful DSPs you've used - they're perfect together! The sentiment, the butterflies and the pretty sequins are fab embellishments!

    ReplyDelete