Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #80


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  Can you believe it's Wednesday already?  That week sure goes quickly when everyone is off on a Monday!  I was able to enjoy a morning alone today!  I got some running around done which was perfect!  It's so much easier to do errands when you're not getting a little person in and out of a car seat!

We had a brand new sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches!  Linda C is our hostess this week.  She makes such amazing cards!  You definitely need to give her blog a glance!  I love Linda's sketch this week.  I think it's super versatile!
So I decided to try out the chalkboard technique on the card.  I did a little research and lots of people use facecloths to apply their white craft ink but I didn't think that was a great option so tried a J-Cloth and it worked just fine and dandy!  Start rubbing the white craft ink in circles and it slowly starts to blend in together and look chalk board like!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White
Stamps: Vintage Verses 
Ink: Versamark, Whisper White (Craft)
Other: Labels Collection Framelits, Black Polka Dot Ribbon, White Embossing Powder, Dimensionals


Caleb competed in the Sparks Grand Prix last night at Awana (a kids program at our church).  He did great and all the kids had such a fun time!  He was so proud of his car!! 


Hope you have a minute to stop over at the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the beautiful cards the Design Team has created for you!

Thanks!
Have a great day!
Jen

9 comments:

  1. Wow, Jen! Fabulous job with the chalk board technique, the best I've seen yet! Great card and fabulous way to use the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect chalkboard effect! Love it! ( But I don't know what a j-cloth is!) Your little guy is sweet! Oh if they could stay little forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you CAS card! Perfect chalkboard technique and the polka dot ribbon is a great choice to go with it. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! The chalkboard technique is a great idea for this sketch. P.S. I had to google J-Cloth to see what in the world that was!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous card Jen! I haven't tried this technique yet, but you've inspired me to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jen, Oh I love your chalkboard card. I love that stamp too. Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried this technique yet but you've nailed it! You've convinced me that I need to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous job with the chalkboard look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job with the chalkboard technique Jen! I still haven't tried it but you are giving me a push to do it!

    ReplyDelete