Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #612


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great week so far!  It seems like we have gone fro the fall season to Christmas in the blink of an eye!  So many people have their Christmas trees up and have their houses all decorated.  I feel very far behind this year.  I'm usually well into my shopping by now but this year I just can't seem to get motivated.  Maybe this weekend we'll put up the nutcrackers or something and see if we can get some festive spirit going.  

We've got a fantastic new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week!  Our hostess is the super funny and incredibly talented Linda Callahan!  Linda's cards are always beautiful so make sure you head over to her blog and show her some love! 

I'm going to admit the sketch through me for a loop.  I know I need more Christmas cards so I wanted to go with a Christmas theme but I couldn't seem to get any mojo going for this card.  Even now I'm not thrilled with the final product.  I had to whip it up fast because I was running out of time.  Oh well, I will need to get my act together for next week right?  This card uses the Lovely Layers Winter Greenery set from Honey Bee Stamps.  I don't think I've ever used the pine cones before and they're quite fun to work with!  I added some Wink of Stella to the berries and some of the greenery since it needed a little sparkle.  Sparkle never shows up in the photos though!  

Supplies:
Cardstock: Hammermill White Coverstock, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Wild Wasabi, Early Espresso
Ink: Gathered Twigs, Ground Espresso, Rustic Wilderness (All Distress Oxides)
Other:  Lovely Layers Winter Greenery (Honey Bee Stamps), Joyful Christmas Sentiments (Spellbinders), Red Foil, Glimmer Hot Foil Machine (Spellbinders), Wink of Stella, Monoline Stars Embossing Folder (Spellbinders)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll join in our challenge this week!  Head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and you'll see some amazing cards that the Design Team has cooked up for you!  

Have an amazing day!
Jen



5 comments:

  1. It doesn't look like you whipped it up fast! The texture, the greenery, the pinecones, and the sentiment are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thanks for making my sketch look fabulous! This is one gorgeous holiday card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning pine bouquet!! I love the look of the sentiment - and the embossing behind it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card and I'm so pleased I just ordered these dies yesterday after eyeing them up for weeks.

    ReplyDelete