Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #611


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great start to your week!  We are currently on a little adventure!  No mountains involved though!!!  We're heading back to Ontario and back to the city we used to live in for 48 hours! My husband is heading there on a work trip and I'm just tagging along so I can visit with a few of the people that I love!  I have pretty much every second of my 48 hours there planned.  It's really not long enough but we've got to go with the flow!  I'll be exhausted when I get home!

We've got a brand new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week!  Our hostess this week is the amazing Jen Mitchell!  Jen's cards are always gorgeous and I'm always inspired by them!  Head on over to her blog to check them out!  


So I only made one version of this card!  I know, it's shocking!  That almost never happens!  I had just picked up some new Spellbinders dies at the local paper store and couldn't wait to crack them open! This card has a lot of pieces and I'm not sure I'd want to make 20 of them!!!  The sentiment is hot foiled with red foil.  I have nothing but grief when I use the red foil.  I have tried leaving the plate on the machine longer so it's good and hot, running it through the Glimmer machine twice, pretty much anything and it always just does something weird.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I don't have issues with silver or gold foil.  

Supplies:
Cardstock: Hammermill Coverstock White, Real Red, Basic Black, Garden Green, Granny Apple Green, Silver Foil
Ink: Real Red, Garden Green
Other: Stitched So Sweetly Dies (Stampin Up), Christmas Bird Poinsettia (Spellbinders), Build-A-Wreath (Spellbinders), Garden Wreath Add-Ons (Spellbinders), Joyful Christmas Sentiments (Spellbinders), Monoline Stars Embossing Folder (Spellbinders), Glimmer Hot Foil Machine (Spellbinders), Red Foil (Spellbinders), Basic Rhinestones (Stampin Up).

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll pop on over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge!  We always love to see what you create!

The Design Team has some amazing examples posted to inspire you!  We also have another fantastic Guest Designer with us again this week!

Have an amazing day!

Jen


6 comments:

  1. Well these dies are just gorgeous! I love the arrangement you've made with them and the large poinsettia bloom is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AMAZING! I love the texture and those gorgeous flowers! Have fun in Ontario!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A glorious splash of red for the holidays! Beautiful! Enjoy your whirlwind trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Loving the Poinsettia and the Half Wreath of flowers. Great texture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is so beautiful, Jen! The red really pops against the white!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of your gorgeous flowers!! Such a beautiful use of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete