Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #610

 


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a good start to your week!  It has finally warmed up above freezing here and the snow is sort of melting.  We still have a fair bit.  Our local ski hill opens this weekend.  Expert/intermediate runs only but it will still be open!  Crazy train.  I won't be going until this get a few non-expert runs open!!!  My husband and kids are chomping at the bit to get out!  

We've got a brand new sketch for a brand new month over at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the amazing Jen Timko!  Jen creates beautiful cards.  I'm always wowed by her creativity!  She also stopped in for a little visit a month ago!  Of course I took her to the mountains and of course I took her on a hike!  She survived.  We didn't see any bears.  All was well!  


I really wasn't sure what I wanted to do with this sketch.  Initially I thought maybe some flowers but I wasn't feeling very flowery.  I guess I did end up going with a flower though didn't I?!  I need a few more Christmas cards so poinsettias it was.  I kept the background simple going with a white background.  I already had this foil sentiment sitting in my basket of left overs so I threw it on and called it a day.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Hammermill White, Real Red, Silver Foil
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Other: Holiday Blooms (Spellbinders), Joyful Christmas Sentiments (Spellbinders), Silver Foil (Spellbinders), Subtle Texture Embossing Folder 

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and play along with our challenge this week!  We always love seeing what people create using our sketch!  If you need some inspiration head over to the blog and take a peek!  The Design Team have created some gorgeous cards for you! 

Here are a few photos from the little hike Jen and I went on!  It's called Grassi Lakes!  In the background you'll see Mount Lawrence Grassi!  Don't worry - I didn't make her hike up there!  Even I'm not too keen to do that one!  This was the very first hike that our family did when we arrived out west.  It might hold a special place in my heart! 




There is a beautiful waterfall you get to see on this hike!  



Have an amazing day!
Jen








5 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! LOVE the pops of red on the textured white. And the scenery is even more beautiful - how fun that you got to hike together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waterfall...check! No bears...check! Gorgeous vistas...check! And most of all, time with you...check! Thanks for being such a great host on such short notice. I love these poinsettias for the sketch. What an elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the red flowers against the all white back drop! Beautiful card! And I love the photo of you two! How great you could get together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These gorgeous poinsettias really pop off the white background! And I'm so envious that you and Jennifer got to spend time together. One day, I'll meet some (all?) of my teamies in real life!

    ReplyDelete