Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #613


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  Can we believe we're back at Wednesday again?!  A big Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends who will be celebrating tomorrow!  I hope you each have a wonderful and blessed day with your families!  Black Friday is quickly approaching as well.  Are you a big Black Friday shopper?  I have a few things I'm looking at but I won't be getting too much I don't think.  Right now I'm stumped on Stocking Stuffers for teenage boys!  So fun!

We have a brand new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches today!  Our hostess this week is our favourite high altitude designer - Kim Singdahlsen!  Kim's card are so beautiful and I always love them!  Please head over to her blog to check them out!  

I thought I should probably get a few more Christmas cards done!  I'm hoping by making Christmas cards I'll be feeling more festive!  I need to start wrapping my gifts to put under my tree - oh wait, my tree isn't up and I can't put gifts out yet or my cats will open them!  Well, Sprite will open them!


I love my Spellbinders "Christmas Bird and Poinsettia" dies.  I stuck with an all white theme because combining too many colours sometimes makes me crazy!  I also really love just white!  Keeps things clean for me!  

Supplies:
Cardstock: Hammermill White Coverstock, Silver Foil
Other: Christmas Bird and Poinsettia Dies (Spellbinders), Basic Rhinestones (SU), Banner Dies (MFT), Joyful Christmas Sentiments (Spellbinders), Silver Foil (Spellbinders), Glimmer Hot Foil Machine (Spellbinders)


Trevor and I were able to sneak out for a small hike on the weekend.  It was a super early start to the morning but we headed out and met up with some crazy fast hiking friends and tackled Nihahi Ridge.  Trevor and I didn't actually do the ridge walk.  It looked a little sketch to me and I opted to keep my feet firmly planted.  Trevor took a tumble on the way down and is still feeling the effects of it.  It wasn't a bad fall or a far fall, it was more of an awkward fall!  

Morning light hitting the mountains

View from the top

Mount Reemus (the flat topped one)

It was so windy and cold at the top.  I have never felt wind like that before

Annie and I

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge!  If you need some inspiration you'll definitely find some there.  The Design Team has some amazing cards posted!

Have a fantastic day!

Jen


 

8 comments:

  1. O.M.G!!!! My jaw hit the floor when I saw this stunner! Absolutely gorgeous! I love the all white...also, thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog, I appreciate your time and sweet words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the white on white gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, my crazy hiking friend, I'm glad that you were able to keep your feet rooted in your craft room so that you could make this masterpiece! I have such a hard time with white on white cards because they always seem to bland to me, but this is AMAZING! And I hope that Trevor didn't suffer any major damage from his tumble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous!! LOVE the beautiful poinsettia and "greenery" - with the sweet candy cane tucked behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card! It matches your snowcapped mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so elegant, so pretty! Love it. Glad you had the sense to not do the scary thing...because if it is scary to you, it is utterly terrifying!! Hope Trevor is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You excel at white-on-white cards, Jen, and this is no exception! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How you can make such stunning cards while including no color is just baffling to me! This is a show-stopper, Jen!

    ReplyDelete