Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #570


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great week!  We are bracing ourselves for the polar vortex that's headed our way later this week.  I am not impressed though I guess it's winter and we shouldn't be surprised!  I guess I'll need to get betting out the medium weight winter coat for the next week or so.  Yes, when you live in Alberta you have several winter coats.  The light weight one (0 to -15) the medium one (-15 to -25) and then the heavy duty parka for colder than that.  Plus there's the ski coat.  And if you're a hiker you never put your winter coat away because some of those mountain peaks stay frosty all year round!!!!

We've got a brand new sketch this week at Freshly Made SketchesJennifer Timko is hosting our party this week!  Her sketch is fantastic and I saw so many possibilities!  Makes sure you head over to Jen's blog to check out her gorgeous cards!  


I made a card with the Lovely Layers Winter Birds dies a few weeks ago!  Mr. Cardinal was so pretty but I wanted to have a go with the chickadee!  You don't get much cuter than a Chickadee!  I opted for a square card because my bird and branch fit better on a square than a rectangle.  I dug out some old SU DSP and went to town!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic White, Very Vanilla, Garden Green, Smoky Slate, Basic Black, Real Red, Wild Wasabi
DSP: Peaceful Prints
Other: Lovely Layers Winter Birds (Honey Bee Stamps), Lovely Layers Winter Greenery (Honey Bee Stamps), Posh Hello (Memory Box), Timber Embossing Folder (SU)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  

I hope you will join in our challenge this week!  Head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog to check out what the Design Team has created!  I'm pretty sure you will be inspired!  

Have an amazing day!
Jen


 

3 comments:

  1. Well, it is a good thing my birds arrived today. This is just fantastic. I love her. Also, that is stinking cold. I mean, we have had no winter and clearly you are taking it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Multiple coats for winter? I had never thought about that but I suppose it makes perfect sense when you live in an icebox that just keeps getting colder :) You are rocking these Honey Bee die cuts yet again, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this card so much! That diecut is a real standout!

    ReplyDelete