Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #569


Hello! Happy Wednesday!
I hope your week has started well!  We had two foggy days (like all day, crazy fog) that then froze to the trees creating fog frost.  It's the most amazing thing.  The trees look like magical, snow covered beauties but without the actual snow!  Once the sun hits them it melts but it's still so cool!  Trevor and I were able to get out for another hike on the weekend.  It was fabulous.  Part of it was pretty vertical and almost made me want to cry but it was so nice to get out.  The view wasn't as good as normal because of the clouds but it will still beautiful!  Mountains are always more beautiful with snow! 

We've got a brand new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the amazing Jacquie Southas!  Jacquie creates the most beautiful cards!  Head over to her blog to check out her gorgeous cards!  


Jacquie's sketch is perfect to generate all kinds of different cards!  I still want to make a few Valentine's Day cards so this sketch worked perfectly for that!  I grabbed Many Hearts Dies (SU), the Always Dies (SU) and my Knit Picky Winter paper pack (Lawn Fawn) and went to town!  The best part is that I can make this card in different colours so they're not all the same and some more perfect for the boys in my life!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Flirty Flamingo, Blushing Bride, Champagne Foil, Basic White
Patterned Paper: Knit Picky Winter (Lawn Fawn)
Stamps: Forever and Always (SU)
Ink: Flirty Flamingo
Other: Always Dies (SU), Many Hearts Dies (SU)





Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll join in our challenge this week!  Head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog to check out the cards the Design Team has created to inspire you!  We can't wait to see what you come up with!

Have an amazing day!

Jen


 

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card!! I love the shine of the silver and that paper is adorable!! So cool that the ice melts during the day!! Ice storms are no fun, though it does look pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Valentine! Love the silver with the red! And you have become a fierce winter warrior!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This patterned paper actually looks like heart sequins to me and therefore works perfectly with the love theme! Gorgeous card, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Karren said! That paper is perfect. I love the shine on this. And again, I am always amazed at what hiking shape you are in! Some of those look so scary to me, but my husband would love it!

    ReplyDelete