Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #571


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great week!  We survived the polar vortex which included some unexpected snow.  Warmer temperatures are expected through the weekend which is lovely and something to look forward to.  I still can't believe we're almost done with January!  Usually I find January drags on but I feel like we blinked and it was over and done with!

We have a great new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess is the wonderful Jen Mitchell - the absolute and ultimate Queen of Clean and Simple!  Her cards are beautiful so head over to her blog and check them out! 

Jen has a lovely slimline sketch for us this week but I went against the grain and opted for a regular sized card -  mainly because I forgot it was supposed to be slimline and didn't want to go back and change it. 

My husband has a birthday coming up this Friday and I always find masculine cards hard.  I found this paper at our local scrapbook store and knew it would work perfectly for his card!  I had to cut out those speech bubbles and since my reading glasses aren't ready yet so they aren't pretty cuts!!  Getting old is for the birds.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic White, 
Patterned Paper: Pink Fresh (Authentic and Be Bold)
Other: Modest Greetings 1 Hot Foil Plate (Poppy Stamps), Silver Hot Foil

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head on over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out our challenge!  Hopefully you'll be inspired to join in this week!  We sure would love to have you play along.

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Jen




 

6 comments:

  1. What a fabulous masculine card! Especially for a mounting-hiking guy like your hubby. I think the polar vortex shifted and came down here. We're on day two of being iced in and it look like we have one more to go before it will melt and we can be free again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card! All the sentiments on it perfectly describe you and your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card. I like the monochromatic look it has and all the fun speech bubbles. Perfect for a guyt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so perfect for him!! Hope his birthday was awesome. I guess we have a date this week each year for DH cards with an FMS sketch, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with that paper! great card! And yep it was pretty cold here too for a coupple fo days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is fabulous! The speech bubbles are so much fun and so perfect! Happy Birthday to Trevor!

    ReplyDelete