Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #541


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great week so far!  Our rain has tapered off a bit and it looks like the next couple of weeks will be beautiful!  It's been cool and dry here which has been quite lovely!  I went for a hike on the weekend (my husband was on the same trails but biking) and I saw my first grizzly bear!  I was terrified at the time but pretty pumped about it now!  Thankfully it was a good and safe distance away so there was never any real concern but it was amazing to see!  We also saw some deer, a moose, a giant hair and a whole flock of swans!!

We've got a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week!  I have the honour of being this week's hostess!  I love seeing what you create and I love how different each and every card is!  It's so fun going through the gallery at the end of the week and seeing everyone's beautiful creations!




I picked up this new die set on the weekend!  These little bees were just a little too cute to pass up!  I thought the honeycomb worked perfectly with the sketch!  I originally tried to make a masculine card but failed miserably!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic White, Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, Basic Black, Vellum
Stamps: Itty Bitty Birthdays
Ink: Basic Black
Other: Beehive Dies (Sizzix), Stitched Flag Dies, Subtle Texture Embossing Folder, Sequins, Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll join in our challenge this week!  Please head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the cards the Design Team has put together to inspire you!  

I can't wait to see the card you come up with this week! 

Have an amazing day!

Jen

 

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet card! We had to call a beekeeper last week as a swarm of bees decided to attach themselves to part of our house. While the removal process was very interesting, I hope to not see any more bees for a quite a while. That's probably the same with you and grizzly bears - you've safely seen one, so now it will be good to not see another for quite a while. You live in such an amazing place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes on seeing a grizzly!! I've seen a number of black bears in the wild but a grizzly would have me running back to the car. Love everything about this sketch and your amazing design. Off to find those bees . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bees are adorable on your card, but IRL they'd frighten me as much as the grizzly bear! LOL Beautiful design and I love that textured cardstock you used - it's perfect with that honeycomb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sketch and I love your card! The hexies look great with those super-cute bees!

    ReplyDelete