Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #540


Happy Wednesday! 
Hope you're having a wonderful week!  We're having a super wet week!  This is apparently rainy season/snow melt season!  The mountains are losing their snow and it's creating rain and crazy wind!  We've received sooo much rain in the last 72 hours!  We need the rain desperately - but spreading it out seemed like a better idea to me!  Some areas in the mountains actually got 70 mm of rain and 48 cm of snow the other day!  Ummm...no thanks!  We will do our best to stay warm and dry here!

We have a great new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week!  Our lovely hostess if the amazing "queen of elegantly simple cards" Jen Mitchell!  Jen's cards are always so eye catching!  Head over to her blog and check them out!  


I had a few ideas for Jen's sketch and started with a masculine card - since I'm in need of some.  Turns out I wasn't too sold on it so I went for an all white (with a pop of yellow) flower card!  That coneflower die was just calling my name!  I couldn't ignore it!

I threw on the flag banner as well because it just happened to be sitting beside the stitched rectangle dies.  It also called my name and I felt obligated to cut one out and stick it on!  I had a hard time getting a good photo of the card.  It's been so dark here and the white just didn't show up as nicely as it looks in person!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic White, Gold Foil, Daffodil Delight
Stamps: Honey Bee
Ink: Basic Black
Other: Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Lovely Layers - Coneflower Honey Cuts (Honey Bee Stamps),  Double Garland Confetti Cut (Reverse Confetti), Sequins (Taylored Expressions)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I do hope you'll check out the Freshly Made Sketches challenge this week and join us!  We always love to see what everyone creates!  If you head over to the blog you'll see what the Design Team has come up with to inspire you!

Have an amazing day!

Jen


 

3 comments:

  1. I love all of these beautiful, clean white layers! And that coneflower with its pop of yellow is fabulous! Beautifully done, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this white on white card (so jealous because I can't photograph them as perfectly as you)! And the wee yellow center of the coneflower is a perfect pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so good at white-on-white cards and this is no exception! Such a gorgeous flower!

    ReplyDelete