Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #538


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great start to the week.  A lot of my American friends have started their summer break.  We've got a bit more time left here.  My oldest has two weeks of school left and my youngest has 4 weeks left.  The weather isn't all the warm so I guess that's okay!  I'm looking forward to more relaxed summer time!

We've got a great new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the amazing Jacquie Southas!  Jacquie's cards are always amazing so please head over to her blog and check them out!  


So as usual, this is not my first card.  I really wanted to get some masculine cards made but honestly, masculine cards always stump me.  I don't know why.  Anyhow, I made a card and didn't really love it.  I had this sunflower sitting on my desk and decided to make a card and incorporate that instead!

I used some old DSP from SU that I had sitting out.  I do love dots and stripes!  

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic White, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Early Espresso, Copper Foil
DSP: Retired SU Neutrals Colour Pack, Retired SU Brights Colour Pack
Ink: Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry
Stamps: Itty Bitty Birthdays
Other: Subtle Texture Embossing Folder, Lovely Layers Sunflowers Honey Cuts (Honey Bee Stamps), Champagne Jewels, Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping today!  I hope you'll head on over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge this week!  

There are some amazing cards on our blog that will jump start your creativity!

Have a fabulous day!

Jen



 

5 comments:

  1. I love this bold and sunny flower! And I also love the mix of stripes and polka dots. Beautifully done, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggled with guy cards for a long time.....no more - I buy them....lol....love your happy flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sunflower is fabulous and I love the touch of stripes and polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous bold flower!! LOVE it with the stripes and dots in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fabulous floral design, Jen! Your cards with bold dimensional flowers are so striking and unique.

    ReplyDelete