Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #605


Happy Wednesday!  
I hope you're having a fantastic start to your week!  We're having a couple of nice warm days but the cold is on it's way.  Last year we were fortunate to have a long, warmer fall but looks like winter is anxious to get here!  Our hiking season is quickly coming to an end...it might even be over (which I might be okay with).  

We have a brand new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches! Our sketch this week comes all the way from New Zealand and our amazing hostess, Karren Johnson!  Karren's cards are so beautiful and she's a world class colourer!  Trust me.  Head over to her blog and check them out!


I saw that giant circle and wondered what I could do with it.  I remembered my Lovely Layers hydrangea and decided I would cut them out and colour them in various shades of purple!  I'm working on my distress oxide blending and these hydrangea are perfect to practice with!  Unfortunately I couldn't get a good enough picture of my card.  I used some wink of stella on the petals and it doesn't show up well!  

Supplies:
Cardstock: Hammermill White, Highland Heather (SU), Silver Foil
Stamps: Itty Bitty Gifting (MFT)
Ink: Black (Pink Fresh Studio), Milled Lavender (Ranger), Dusty Concord (Ranger), Villainous Potion (Ranger), Wink of Stella
Other: Lovely Layers Hyrangea Honey Cuts (Honey Bee Stamps), Itty Bitty Strips (MFT), Basic Rhinestones (SU), Tasteful Texture Embossing Folder (SU)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll join in our challenge this week!  If you need some inspiration head on over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the cards the Design Team has created! 

Last Saturday we went on Hike #30 of 2023.  My husband wasn't too keen on this one.  He likes to summit peaks but I'd seen some pictures of this one and it's beautiful!  He agreed to try out Piper's Pass.  We hit the mountains just as the sun was coming up.  It was so gorgeous!  The larches have turned from green to gold in the mountains (see pic #3 below).  We try and stay clear of big larch hikes because they're soooo busy.  We were fortunate to see a few larches on our hike and not have to deal with all the people!

The cloudy skies made this hike even more incredible and we all said that it might just be one of our favourites!  









I hope you have an amazing day!

Jen
 

 

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and creative use of the sketch! The big flower for the circle is gorgeous!! And you might have hesitated on the hike - but the pictures might be some of my favorites that you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blooms are gorgeous with that perfect shading! And your photos are book worthy. Wow! What wonderful places to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ink-blending looks fabulous and so realistic! This hydrangea is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card and amazing photos! Both as gorge as each other!

    ReplyDelete