Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #606


Hello! 
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great week so far!  Monday was a holiday here - for some people so my days are all mixed up.  My husband was off but my kids were at school.  Trevor and I got a hike in - I'm thinking this might have been our last one for 2023.  Makes me a little sad but that's okay.  The 4:00-4:30 alarms are getting hard!  There is snow on the ground in the mountains which means ski season is right around the corner!

We've got a brand new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  Our favourite Aussie is hosting this week - Narelle Farrugia!  I always find Narelle's cards are absolutely gorgeous and just when I think they can't get better, they do!  Head over to her blog and check them out!  


3 circles.  I didn't know what to do with 3 circles.  I had to think on it for a few days before I tackled this one.  I finally decided I would stick to fall coloured flowers with a kraft background!  I hauled out my Be Bold Blooms and went to town.  In the process I discovered that the centre die for the smallest flower is missing. I've turned my craft room apart looking for it to no avail.  These little pieces are so small and you just never know when they get stuck to a certain white paw.  She could track them anywhere.  I also don't know how long it's been missing for.  Oh well. 

Supplies:
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry, Cajun Craze, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Mossy Meadow, Copper Foil (All SU)
Ink: Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry, Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow (all SU)
Other: Mini Everyday Sentiments (Spellbinders), Be Bold Blooms (Spellbinders), Double Stitched Circle Dies (Reverse Confetti), Glimmer Hot Foil Machine (Spellbinders), Copper Foil (Spellbinders)

Here are a few shots from Monday's hike.  Those yellow trees are called Larches (also known as Tamarack in some parts of the land).  Larches are evergreens that don't stay evergreen!  Their needles turn yellow in the fall and then they fall off.  Don't get me wrong, the summit of Mount Fairview was spectacular and Lake Louise looked so small down below!  It was fun to be out in the snow!  This is our first snow of the season - now don't get me wrong, we don't have snow at our house, just some of the higher mountains!  I do like hiking in the snow though as you don't get as hot which is nice and recovery goes faster!













Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge this week!  We always love to see what you create!  If you need a little inspiration, the Design Team has cooked up some beautiful cards so make sure to check those out!

Have an amazing day!
Jen


 

6 comments:

  1. These pictures of the scenery on your hikes are stunning! How amazing that you get to experience this beauty so regularly. Your card is a beauty too! I adore the Fall colors of your blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous colors for fall on your card - and fabulous mountain pictures! I don't think I have ever been awake at four AM in my life....lol....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love these blooms Jen - they've been on my wishlist for ages because of your cards. I always see such stunning photos og your hikes on facebook...shame it might be the last hike of the season but what amazing memories you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just amazed at the changes! And that yellow on the trees really is glorious. I love all the pretty elements on your cards and the colors are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you pulled out these dies again! Such a gorgeous card - and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! How stunning! The dimension is absolutely amazing! I love this beautiful color palette.

    ReplyDelete