Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #607


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great week!  If you're a Canadian you might have celebrated Thanksgiving on the weekend.  We had a lovely weekend.  Our neighbours came over for Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday and then we enjoyed leftovers Sunday and Monday!  It was lovely!  No hike for us this weekend so no pictures for you.  Sorry.  We decided that we would just enjoy the weekend and get some things done around the house - plus I feel like I spent part of the weekend in the kitchen!  I'm sure you know what I mean!

We've got a brand new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week our favourite Texan, Amy O'Neill!  Amy's cards are always delightful and she so much creativity!  You need to head over to her blog and check them out!  


At first I stared at this sketch for a while.  I thought about poinsettias and discovered one of the other girls had made a card with poinsettias and since Thanksgiving is over I am moving away from fall cards.  Then I saw a sunflower cut in half already sitting on my desk.  I knew that would work perfectly!  I went with a lot of white on this card.  Maybe a little too much white but we're going to roll with it for now!  

Supplies:
Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso, Copper Foil, Hammermill White
Ink: Crushed Curry
Other: Stitched Squares, Lovely Layers Sunflowers (Honey Bee Stamps), Be Bold Sentiments (Spellbinders), Copper Foil (Spellbinders), Glimmer Hot Foil Machine (Spellbinders), Rhinestones (Honey Bee Stamps)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you will head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge this week!  We'd love to see what you create!  If you need some inspiration, the Design Team has cooked up some amazing cards for you!  

Have an amazing day!

Jen

4 comments:

  1. I love this happy sunflower -- perfect to celebrate a birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those beautiful sunflowers peeking out from the bold happy birthday! The copper foil in the center is a fabulous touch. And wasn't it just perfect that you already had these done and ready to create your lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is just full of sunshine! Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, bright and cheerful card! Wonderful sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete